Subject: Re: Cargill Investor Services, Inc. ("Cargill") and inactive futures accounts
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:40:00 -0700 (PDT)

I am inclined to close inactive accounts.  Can you contact the owner of the 
account and find out if there is any reason to keep it open?  Otherwise, I 
think we should inform them we want to close the account.
Comments?
Do we have an identified Business Owner of the active accounts?  
Ted

From: Sara Shackleton on 05/31/2000 02:27 PM
To: Ted Murphy/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Mark Taylor/HOU/ECT@ECT, Susan Flynn/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Cargill Investor Services, Inc. ("Cargill") and inactive futures 
accounts

Ted:  ENA, formerly Enron Gas Marketing, Inc., opened a futures account with 
Cargill in 1993.  I am advised that there has not been any activity with 
Cargill for many months.  It appears that we had subaccounts for trading 
crude, nat gas, unleaded gas.  We do not have any margin residing with 
Cargill. 

Given our recent discussions regarding inactive equity accounts, I was 
wondering if you had given any thought to inactive futures accounts.  

As of 5/23/00, I see only 13 active futures accounts.  The following accounts 
appear to be dormant:

(1) Bank One - I am currently negotiating to open up a margin line
(2)  Cargill
(3)  Daiwa Securities America
(4)  Gerald Inc. (may have merged or business moved to another firm)
(5)  Merrill Lynch Futures
(6)  Paine Webber
(7)  OM Stockholm (paper)
(8)  Spear, Leeds & Kellogg

Please let me know what action you would like to take, if any, or discuss in 
general.  Thanks.  Sara