Subject: Re: global futures exchanges
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 04:14:00 -0700 (PDT)

No, but we have considered recently our exposure to brokers where they hold 
our money.  The analysis is more a function of applicable law/regulation (SFA 
or CFTC rules) than clearing house rules as I understand it.  We did not take 
outside advice or prepare memoranda, but Justin may have done so in the past 
(Justin?).  Please call me or Ed if you'd like to discuss.

Paul

From: Sara Shackleton on 22/05/2000 11:19 CDT
To: Mark Elliott/LON/ECT@ECT, Paul Simons/LON/ECT@ECT
cc:  

Subject: global futures exchanges

Mark and Paul:  Have either of you ever reviewed clearinghouse rules with 
respect to clearing members for the exhanges on which we trade (in an effort 
to analyze our risk with respect to our brokers)?  If the answer is yes, 
could I have copies of any memoranda?  Please let me hear from you or 
whomever may have reviewed this issue.  Thank you.  Sara