Subject: Counterparty Name Conventions
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 01:16:00 -0700 (PDT)

A little forward movement trying to get the Global Counterparty not to set up 
counterparties under division or trade names.  If the counterparties insist 
on doing so, we have been trying to get them to add the legal name as part of 
the counterparty's name in GCP.   For non-swap team members, you may want to 
forward this email on to your groups as well. 
----- Forwarded by Tana Jones/HOU/ECT on 06/07/2001 08:11 AM -----

	Marilyn Colbert/ENRON@enronXgate
	06/06/2001 05:47 PM
		 
		 To: Sam Kemp/Enron@EUEnronXgate, Dianne Seib/ENRON@enronXgate, Matilda 
Machado/ENRON@enronXgate, Kim S Theriot/HOU/ECT@ECT, Linda S 
Bryan/ENRON@enronXgate, Debbie R Brackett/ENRON@enronXgate, Lisa 
Lees/ENRON@enronXgate, Brian Hunter lindsay/Enron@EUEnronXGate, Mary 
Cook/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tana Jones/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Bernice Rodriguez/ENRON@enronXgate, Thu Pham Arnold/ENRON@enronXgate, 
Kathryn Pallant/ENRON@enronXgate, Tandra Coleman/ENRON@enronXgate, Bill D 
Hare/ENRON@enronXgate
		 Subject: Counterparty Name Conventions

In accordance with the suggestions provided by Mary Cook in our Legal Dept., 
we have come to an agreement in regard to the naming conventions for 
divisions and trade names. For both divisions and dba/trade names, the 
counterparty name will be formatted to lead with the sub-entity name, 
followed by the parent legal name.

 i.e. division name, division of parent legal name  or  trade name, a dba of 
parent legal name

 Ex. Duke Power, a division of Duke Energy Corporation

This layout will make it easier to choose the correct counterparty name and 
avoid the misconception of duplicate records. Also the legal requirements 
will be met.

Please notify me by Friday, June 8th, if there are any issues with this 
format. Otherwise, the GCP group will commence using this proposed layout on 
current and future requests. 

Cleanup of existing records in GCP and Contracts will be accessed. In cases 
where the requested name could exceed the 90 character length maximum there 
will need to be an evaluation.

If there are any questions, please contact me @ 3-6517.

Thank you,
Marilyn