Subject: RE: Cash Collateral
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 00:45:00 -0700 (PDT)

Yes!!!  We are facing more margin requirements in Canada and need to increase 
our flexibility in acceptable forms of margin.

 -----Original Message-----
From:  Keohane, Peter  
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 7:02 PM
To: Taylor, Mark; Shackleton, Sara; Hendry, Brent; Cook, Mary; St Clair, 
Carol; Jones, Tana; William S Bradford/HOU/ECT@ENRON; Russell 
Diamond/HOU/ECT@ENRON; Tanya Rohauer/HOU/ECT@ENRON
Cc: Johnston, Greg; Powell, Mark; Gaffney, Chris
Subject: Cash Collateral

Greg Johnston may have a solution to the limitation on Canadian cash 
collateral.  Without getting into detail, a security interest in an 
"instrument" can be perfected by possession under the Personal Property 
Security Act, and an "instrument" includes a bank draft.  If counterparties 
were to provide bank drafts on the same terms as they provide LCs we could 
rely on perfection by possession.  Is this something we should investigate 
further?  Peter.