Subject: Re: EOL confirmations
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 00:30:00 -0800 (PST)

I am not aware of what has occurred since the DECAF group meeting.  Mark 
Taylor has participated in some further meetings.  You should contact him.  
Mary

Cordially,
Mary Cook
Enron North America Corp.
1400 Smith, 38th Floor, Legal
Houston, Texas   77002-7361
(713) 345-7732 (phone)
(713) 646-3490 (fax)
[email-masked]

	Laurel Adams
	03/06/2001 03:55 PM
		 
		 To: Sara Shackleton/HOU/ECT@ECT, Mary Cook/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: 
		 Subject: EOL confirmations

Ladies,  

Could one of you please tell me what is Legal's position on generating 
confirms for EOL trades?  I was under the impression (evidently false) that 
we did NOT send confirms for gas  deals done on EOL.  I did hear that legal 
was currently reviewing this issue.  Do you know where it stands, or who the 
best person to contact about this would be?  Please let me know.

We are looking to do some confirm automation (at last, at last!) and one of 
the issues we are looking at is do we REALLY need to send paper confirms for 
trades done on EOL.  It seems that it would just give someone one more chance 
to dispute the trade.  

Mary, I was at the DCAF conference where you spoke on the issue of electronic 
confirmtions and on line trading, but I don't remember how far Enron was on 
these issues.  

Sara,  It seems like we talked about this as part of a larger conversation on 
web-based confirms.  

I would be grateful to hear both of your thoughts/concerns related to the 
above.  

Thanks very much for your help!