Subject: Re: Confidentiality Agreement with Scana
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:18:00 -0800 (PST)

Sara,
Sorry, I was too assiduous in deleting what I thought would be duplicated on 
this thread, so I'm working from memory on comments before Guenther's last 
contribution.

Data for pricing is owned by Enron Credit Ltd (generated by employees of 
Enron Power Operations Ltd whose costs are charged to ECL)
Information deals are done with ECL (Derivative transactions are currently 
with Enron North America Corp, probably with Enron Credit Inc in the future)
The Enron staff who would be looking at this are employed by Enron North 
America Corp which is why I suggested ENAC as the named party.
They clearly act for ECL on information deals.
If it's OK to use ECL then that would be easier for us.

I have no objections to suggestions that I should be promoted! In the 
meantime, I am a board director of ECL and have both legal and group 
management authority to sign contracts (with a lawyer's initials being a 
prerequisite).

Regards,
Richard

From: Sara Shackleton on 16/02/2001 08:44 CST
To: Guenther Klar/LON/ECT@ECT, Richard Sage/LON/ECT@ECT, Denis 
O'Connell/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: Janine Juggins/LON/ECT@ECT, Tana Jones/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: Confidentiality Agreement with Scana  

Guenther:

Thanks for the response.  I'll wait to hear from Richard Sage as to who owns 
the information.
Only officers at the VP level or higher may execute binding contracts for all 
Enron U.S. companies (bylaws).  I do not know the "rule" for non-U.S. 
companies (although I suspect the articles of association would contain that 
information). 

Sara Shackleton
Enron North America Corp.
1400 Smith Street, EB 3801a
Houston, Texas  77002
713-853-5620 (phone)
713-646-3490 (fax)
[email-masked]

	Guenther Klar
	02/16/2001 08:24 AM
		
		 To: Sara Shackleton/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Janine Juggins/LON/ECT@ECT, Richard Sage/LON/ECT@ECT, Denis 
O'Connell/LON/ECT@ECT, Tana Jones/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: Re: Confidentiality Agreement with Scana

Sara

You are right about the tax issue - in fact, we are in the process of 
replacing the UK directors and officers of Enron Credit Inc with US directors 
and officers.

The entity that signs up to the confidentiality agreement ought to be the one 
that owns the information to be supplied.  Based on conversations I have had 
with Richard Sage, I had formed the impression that the owner of the 
information was Enron Credit Ltd.  If this is right, we should pursue your 
first suggestion.  Otherwise, given that the tax issue is being rectified and 
this should therefore be an isolated incident, I think we can wear the tax 
risk inherent in your second suggestion.  Though I do wonder whether an 
officer of Enron Credit Inc, such as Richard Sage (currently), could sign, 
rather than a director?

Kind regards

Guenther Klar