Subject: Memorandum on Issues Relating to Exchange Membership
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 06:08:00 -0800 (PST)

Trena, attached please find a brief memorandum on the referenced subject.  As 
we discussed, this memo outlines the issues in very general terms.  Some of 
the legal concepts touched upon -- e.g., the exact nature of the fiduciary 
relationship between a licensed broker and its customers -- are rather 
complex, and would bear out very involved legal research and analysis in a 
more detailed memorandum.

Mark Taylor has advised me that the legal department's approval of the 
purchase of any exchange membership (clearing or non-clearing)  will require 
the personal approval of Mark Haedicke, the chief legal officer of Enron 
Wholesale Services.

As always, please feel free to call me with any comments or questions.  
Thanks -- Bob

Robert E. Bruce
Senior Counsel
Enron North America Corp.
T (713) 345-7780
F (713) 646-3393
[email-masked]