Subject: EOL Duke Deal - commercial resolution FOLLOWUP
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:55:00 -0700 (PDT)

John:  The Duke issue has arisen once again in connection with the 
settlements group.  Did you ever resolve the issue?
Apparently, two (2) identical trades were executed online on 9/11/00, one at 
1:14 pm and the second at 1:28 pm.  Duke agrees wtih the first trade but not 
the second.  Please bring me up to date.  Thanks.  Sara
----- Forwarded by Sara Shackleton/HOU/ECT on 10/19/2000 10:48 AM -----

	Sara Shackleton
	09/28/2000 09:55 AM
		 
		 To: John Arnold/HOU/ECT
		 cc: Kevin Meredith/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Larry Joe Hunter/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: EOL Duke Deal - commercial resolution  FOLLOWUP

John:  I spoke with  Kevin Meredith this morning.

1)  Trade Date was 9/11.  EOL system generated confirm 9/12.  All fax 
attempts failed until 9/26 when fax went through.

2)  EOL daily volume excessively heavy (approx. 1400 confirms per day).  Duke 
volume extremely heavy as well. All Duke faxing  unsuccessful.

3)  Duke called Kevin and said "haven't received any confirms since 9/14."  
Kevin hand faxes all confirms since 9/14.  Duke makes no mention of confirms 
prior to 9/14.  Confirm desk runs a "fax failed" report on 9/25 and picks up 
the missing confirm.

4)  When Duke receives EOL 415670, John Miller (who seems to be the TRADING 
SUPERVISOR) calls Kevin (who signed confirm as agent) several times.  Miller 
says that he has spoken with the traders and no one did this deal.  However, 
this deal shows up on the "back office user."

Let me know if you need anything further.  Kevin's number is 39555.  Sara

----- Forwarded by Sara Shackleton/HOU/ECT on 09/28/2000 09:39 AM -----

	Sara Shackleton
	09/27/2000 07:06 PM
		 
		 To: John Arnold/HOU/ECT
		 cc: Kevin Meredith/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 Subject: EOL Duke Deal - commercial resolution

John:  Per our conversation, attached is the copy of the Duke confirm.  The 
Duke trader is John Miller (713/260-6541). 
I am told by our confirm desk that the faxing of the confirm was attempted on 
September 11 and every day thereafter until September 26 when the Duke fax 
lines were open.  Upon receipt, John Miller called our confirm desk alleging 
that he never did the deal (the EOL "back office user" shows that the trade 
WAS done).
Please let me know if you need legal assistance.
Thanks.  Sara
----- Forwarded by Sara Shackleton/HOU/ECT on 09/27/2000 06:59 PM -----

	Kevin Meredith@ENRON
	09/26/2000 02:09 PM
		 
		 To: Sara Shackleton/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: 
		 Subject: EOL Duke Deal

Sara,

The Duke trader that selected this deal is KRBARBER.  This is how the 
information shows up in the EOL server that I use.