Subject: Brazilian Derivatives Issues
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 05:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

Under separate cover, I am faxing to you a copy of a "Table of Contents" for 
a collection of memoranda on various Brazilian issues (physical trading, 
derivatives, tax, etc. which I have copies of.  I have also received from you 
this morning the response of Antonio Felix et al to the inquiry of Gustavo 
Junqueira.  It will become increasingly difficult to monitor our progress 
with the Tozzini firm if the business people have direct contact with Tozzini 
and bypass the Enron lawyers.  We will not be able to compile a comprehensive 
review and the requests will become disorganized.  Requests for legal 
research by Tozzini should originate with the Enron lawyers and be addressed 
to the Enron lawyers.  We can then discuss conclusions with our business 
people (and even meet together with Tozzini).  I hope that you concur with 
this procedure.  If you do, I think that it would be more appropriate for you 
to contact the Tozzini firm to convey the message (and also to our business 
people).

Please call me when you are back in the Sao Paulo office if you have any 
questions.

P.S.  I will prepare for you the "mini-book" containing the memoranda 
referenced above.