Subject: RE: Sue Mara & VICA
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:04:45 -0800 (PST)

Horowitz never had a chance.

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Denne, Karen  
Sent:	Friday, October 26, 2001 4:32 PM
To:	Shapiro, Richard; Kean, Steven J.; Kaufman, Paul; Dasovich, Jeff
Cc:	Mara, Susan
Subject:	FW: Sue Mara & VICA

Sue spoke on a panel today at the Valley Industry & Commerce Association (San Fernando Valley).  Marathon also attended and sent the following:  

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Sandra Yamane <[email-masked]>@ENRON  
Sent:	Friday, October 26, 2001 6:19 PM
To:	Denne, Karen
Cc:	Joan Kradin
Subject:	Sue Mara & VICA

Hi Karen:

Sue did a great job today at the VICA meeting.  I wish I could take Sue and
fellow speaker Fred Pickle up and down the State of California to talk to
business associations about energy.

The audience was very receptive to the presentation.  Now that the energy
crisis has moved off the front page and the legislature is out of session,
people seem better able to absorb the magnitude and long-term ramifications
of long term contracts, the end of direct access, etc.

David Horowitz spent more time talking about telco deregulation than
electricity.  He is clearly more comfortable talking about telco and was
completely unaware of current events at Enron.  David Freeman did not show
up and he didn't send anyone in his place.

Carolyn Casavan, VICA co-chair of the energy & environment committee told
Sue to call if there was anything that VICA could do to support efforts to
reinstate direct access to please call.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Talk to you soon

Sandra