Subject: Digital Divide thoughts
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 00:52:00 -0800 (PST)

Cynthia:

Here's a memo Scott Bolton put together which reflects his thoughts on a 
broad EBS Washington strategy for next year.  I commented on it before it 
went out.  It's still a work in progress.

Item 3 in particular might be of interest tomorrow when you participate in 
Pres-elect Bush's Commerce Department transition team meeting.  

We would propose consolidating the funding of high-cost telecommunications 
infrastructure within NTIA at Commerce.  This idea was floated a few weeks 
ago by industry, but received luke warm support.  It would serve our 
interests well in moving toward a coordinated federal broadband strategy, 
which we could more effectively target and influence.

Thanks, and good luck.

Steve

----- Forwarded by Stephen D Burns/Corp/Enron on 01/03/2001 09:44 AM -----

	Scott Bolton@ENRON COMMUNICATIONS
	12/21/2000 01:25 PM
		 
		 To: Sue Nord/NA/Enron@Enron, Donald Lassere/Enron Communications@Enron 
Communications, Xi Xi/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Stephen D 
Burns/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Tracy Cooper/Enron Communications@Enron 
Communications, Marchris Robinson/NA/Enron@ENRON, Margo Reyna/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Mona L Petrochko/NA/Enron@ENRON, Jeff Dasovich/NA/Enron@ENRON, Lara 
Leibman/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Linda 
Robertson/NA/Enron@ENRON, Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@ENRON, Susan M 
Landwehr/NA/Enron@ENRON, Barbara A Hueter/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Digital Divide thoughts