Subject: Budget & Benchmarks memo
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:59:00 -0800 (PST)

Rick and Linda,

Scott and I met yesterday with Rich DiMichele of EBS.  Rich is a Managing 
Director who recently has assumed responsibility for content delivery 
services, including the Blockbuster deal.

Rich is very intent on getting access to the cable platform as quickly as 
possible.  (Initially this would be primarily for delivering Blockbuster to 
more homes.  Within the year, he hopes to be able to offer services in 
addition to Blockbuster).

Scott and I prepared the attached cable open access proposal, which we gave 
to Rich yesterday.  (We had hoped to circulate this to you before giving it 
to Rich, but the timing didn't work out as initially planned.  Sorry about 
that).  Could you take a look and let us know if you have additional comments 
on the approach we have suggested?  Also, we are looking for recommendations 
on top tier law firms for cable issues.  We would be available to meet with 
them next week when we are in DC.

Thanks,

Sue