Subject: Draft of Supreme Court brief
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 02:31:00 -0700 (PDT)

Jim and Rick:

Here's the first draft of the Supreme Court brief.  

Marcia:

Would you please print this out for me.

Thanks 

Sarah
----- Forwarded by Sarah Novosel/Corp/Enron on 04/10/2001 10:27 AM -----

	"Cohen, Louis" <[email-masked]>
	04/07/2001 01:20 PM
		 
		 To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, 
"[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" 
<[email-masked]>, "Jeffrey D. (Dan) Watkiss (E-mail)" 
<[email-masked]>, "Killory, Ted" <[email-masked]>, "Frankel, 
Jonathan" <[email-masked]>, "Plotnick, Michael" <[email-masked]>, 
"Palansky, IJay" <[email-masked]>
		 cc: "Cohen, Louis" <[email-masked]>
		 Subject: Draft of Supreme Court brief

Here is a first  publishable draft.? This has benefited greatly from comments 
by Richard,  Judy, and of course Dan, but wcp takes full responsibility.
?
Careful further  review by all is needed.? I can identify two basic problems: 
the repeated  statistics for use of the grids are believed to be about right, 
but we lack  authoritative sources and we need to go with something firmer 
(as we in the  power biz say); second, the examples given both late in the 
statement and near  the end of the brief have been reworked by me in light of 
some very helpful  conversations yesterday, but I may not have gotten them 
right, or put them as  well as I could have; these also need citations if 
possible.
?
I will be out of  play until late morning Monday (going to Charlottesville 
for a speech by my  spouse).? Comments should be routed to others on the WCP 
team as well  as?me.? We hope to have all significant comments by the end of 
next  week (earlier?where possible of course), so that we can put the brief 
in  final shape over the weekend.
?
Thanks to  all.
 - Draft Petitioners Brief v6.doc