Subject: meeting with you
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 09:25:00 -0700 (PDT)

Rick, thanks for seeing me individually on Friday. 

There has not yet been any announcement for EBS. I welcome my new reporting 
to Sue Nord, but I would like to see some kind of official note on the new 
structure. I would like to know what my budget for Europe is and what the new 
procedures are for contracting outside counsels, or consultants.

As you may know, I have recently expressed interest with Anthony Duenner  for 
the vacant position with EBS Singapore. This mainly because there are more 
challenging regulatory issues at hand in the Asia/Pacific region and I have 
been able to familiarize myself with some of them, whereas in Europe this is 
not the case.

However, there are also some opportunities here, namely supporting Paul 
Hennemeyer on a part time basis. This mainly because my previous experience 
as competition lawyer might enable me to co-manage some of the court 
procedures currently pending. The recruitment for a German person with legal 
training only failed recently.

 I am basically open to pursue either opportunity, depending on what the 
company wants to me to do. My current job is for EBS Europe is not any longer 
a full time position, since I have secured all necessary licenses and our 
business is widely deregulated.

I copy Sue since I want this to be as transparent as possible & due to 
extensive travelling we have not been able to speak.