Subject: Gov & Reg Affairs organisation and space
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 12:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

here you go. This should be the absolute latest verions
---------------------- Forwarded by Paul Hennemeyer/LON/ECT on 09/05/2001 
19:27 ---------------------------

Doug Wood
30/04/2001 18:44
To: John Sherriff/LON/ECT@ECT, Michael R Brown/LON/ECT@ECT, Richard 
Lewis/LON/ECT@ECT, Eric Shaw/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: Paul Dawson/Govt. Affairs/LON/ECT@ECT, Paul Hennemeyer/LON/ECT@ECT, Peter 
Styles/LON/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Gov & Reg Affairs organisation and space

We propose not to proceed with the 30 min. meeting reserved in your diaries 
(11:30-12:00 Tuesday 1 May) to discuss the G&RA  organisation and desk space 
requirement.   We attach all information below ; if you're agreeable we'll go 
ahead on this basis.  If you still wish to meet, please let us know.

Paul, Paul, Peter & Doug

Govt & Reg Affairs organisation

Charts are attached.  Changes have been made as follows:

1. France and Belgium (Bruno Gaillard + 0.5 * Research Assistant) now join 
Netherlands under Peter Styles to capitalise on previous PS involvement in 
those countries.
2. Brussels-based continental gas resource Brendan Devlin (who may now not 
join) has been split in 2 : one London-based resource under Doug Wood working 
on continental gas and one Brussels-based resource under Peter Styles as 
second base on EU.
3. Andreas Wagner (Enron Wind) affiliated with Paul Hennemeyer pro tem. 
because of linkage on German environmental issues.
4. Jan Haizmann (currently EBS regulatory) may become freed up from Far 
Eastern broadband to assist on German and EU competition issues.
5. Correction of minor errors : Frankfurt manager, assistants, other 
appointments in the pipeline omitted in previous version.

Space allocation

Professional staff will integrate with commercial teams in a combination of 
permanent desks / hot desks.  The immediate requirement is for 6 desks in 
Richard's area and 5 in Eric's.  This will increase as G&R Affairs vacancies 
are filled.  We'll provide detail to relevant assistants.

To free up maximum number of desks on 1st floor, some space could be reserved 
on 5th floor next to PR for other G&RA requirements (assistants, govt affairs 
library, extensive paper files, hot desks at peak times / "quiet desks" for 
reviewing legislation, licences etc).  This can be reduced over time to the 
extent library can be digitized and assistants found space among commercial 
groups.  Alternatively, if space pressures on 1st floor are increasing, G&RA 
staff can regroup on 5th floor and free up desks on 1st for commercial staff, 
as before.  Precise requirements will be worked out with Toby Knight.