Subject: Tokyo visit
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:21:00 -0700 (PDT)

Steve, I attach a briefing paper for your visit. A hard copy will be 
available for you on arrival. The paper includes the following:
Itinerary
Conference details
Brattle paper summary
Media interview background
General key messages
Electricity wholesaling reactive statement
Political update
Meeting briefing notes

You will note one further change to the itinerary. We will be meeting with 
METI rather than the Fair Trade Commission. The purpose of the METI meeting 
will be to explain our concerns with the current regulatory environment and 
Enron Japan's proposal to temporarily suspend its electricity wholesaling 
activities. We met with our METI working level contacts today to brief them 
on Brattle and in particular the shortcomings of the current system. We did 
not discuss suspension of our wholesaling activities. The meeting briefing 
notes will be available on your arrival in Tokyo.

I also attach the latest version of the Brattle paper and, for completeness, 
the final version of the presentation and notes. 

I will call you at the Palace Hotel on Monday at 6pm. If you have any hiccups 
with arrangements please let me know. My contact numbers are as follows:

Home 813 52610539
Mobile 8190 27334795
Office 813 5219 4583

I think we have stirred things up enough here in the last couple of days to 
make for an interesting visit for you. I look forward to seeing you on Monday.

kind regards