From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 01:35:00 -0700 (PDT)

Ken Lay spoke with several California CEOs this morning and urged them to get 
personally involved in pushing for a comprehensive set of reforms.  Three 
expressed willingness to help.

Scott McNealy (Sun):  contact person - Piper Cole ([email-masked]); 
[email-masked].  Mcnealy wants, by close of business today, a 
"cheat sheet" of the talking points to use with politicians (the "8 or 10 
elements of the solution") with the expected comeback he may hear from the 
political leaders and our response to that comeback.  He says he hasn't spent 
time working on issues in Sacremento so we may also want to include a list of 
suggested contacts.
Kevin Sharer (Amgen): contact person - Sarah Jensen, VP of Engineering and 
Operations (805.447.6785); [email-masked].  Sharer wants the same 
information as McNealy and he and McNealy both indicated their willingness to 
call a meeting of other California CEOs.  Sharer will also be having 
breakfast with Hertzberg one week from today.
Robert Day (Trust Co of the West):  said that he is very close to the mayor 
of Los Angeles.  He urged Ken to call the mayor (mentioning Day).  Ken would 
like some talking points for that call.

Jeff - please put these items together.