From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 07:29:00 -0700 (PDT)

Please find attached the Letter to the Commission and assorted documents 
regarding the capacity auction implementation for ERCOT.  The PUCT approved 
this as a docketed case and as such we will need to file a Motion to 
intervene on or before May 21, 2001.  I am preparing to file the motion on 
behalf of EPMI.  There will be a pre-hearing conference on May 22, 2001 that 
will set the testimony and hearing schedule.  The auction must be completed 
by September 1, 2001.

This will be the last opportunity to comment before the PUCT prior to the 
first capacity auction.  As you review Schedule CA, please be aware that some 
of the provisions have two different proposals.  We may provide comments on 
the merits of one alternative or another or provide an alternative position 
that may not be included in the document.  The capacity auction rule itself 
will not be subject to comments at this time.  I will prepare an issues list 
and circulate it after the Pre-hearing conference (May 23, 2001).

After the first auction (September 1, 2001), staff will propose changes to 
the Capacity Auction Rule and/or the Capacity Auction process as needed.

Thane Thomas Twiggs
Enron Corp
1400 Smith Street
Houston, Texas 77002

713-853-3199 Voice
713-408-4463 Mobile
713-646-8272 Fax
877-968-8967 Digital Pager or [email-masked]