Subject: Latest FERC data request
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:37:00 -0700 (PDT)

Randy, Becky and I just had a conference call with John Kroeger, attorney in 
FERC's  Market Oversight and Enforcement Office, about the data request we 
just received from them regarding gas deals into California for May 2001.  We 
explained that the data request we just received was in many regards 
identical to the one FERC staff sent us in December and which we answered in 
January and we directed him to that response, both for the explanation of how 
our business works and why we can therefore cannot answer the questions as 
they were framed, and also for an example of what the data will look like for 
the new time frame, if we submit it.  (We may have to file written consent 
for Kroeger to review this previously filed data, which we agreed to do).  
Mr. Kroeger stated they wanted the data request to be construed with common 
sense (a refreshing notion).  He agreed that the"contracts" they want would 
just be deal tickets for the applicable time frame.  He also indicated a 
willingness to extend the time so that we can file information when we get it 
in due course.  He will get back to us after he looks at the info already 
filed in the SDG&E complaint.