Subject: City of Chicago Deal
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 03:07:00 -0700 (PDT)

A phone call was held today.  Some issues / actions from the call ---

1. Right now it appears that this would be announced around June 5 at the 
Mayor's regular press meeting.  Checking this out.  Need to make sure that PR 
will be able to cover the meeting and answer any background the press may 
have on us.

2. Deal team wants Enron PR to meet with DEP PR next week (May 30?) to begin 
working up the Mayor's statement on the benefits of this transaction.  Should 
we have a Govt Affairs person at the meeting to pick up the "politics" of the 
message?  Just a thought.

3. No one really wants to hire any outside PR support.  Everyone was 
comfortable with Peggy and her team taking the lead.  Don't want to appear 
that Enron is "selling" the deal.  The deal is good and we should let it 
speak for itself.  Does everyone agree?

4. We are looking for a consultant  to support us on MWBE issues.  This 
should be done (at least contracted) by June 1.

5. What have we told outside political support about this deal (eg, Piper, 
Marbury)?  Sue Landwehr and Roy we need to make sure that you have some time 
the week of June 5 to cover any political issues that may arise.  Can we 
coordinate our schedules?

Thanks,

Jim