Subject: Re: New Mexico Generation Plans - EES
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 00:42:00 -0700 (PDT)

Jim, Christi:

Attached is the final public notice for the proposed Gallup generation plant 
in New Mexico. This notice was published in a local newspaper yesterday, May 
9th. It provides a good description of the project, its location and 
estimated emissions. The actual permit application will be filed with the 
agency today. 

The following are few things to keep in mind as we respond to inquires from 
concerned citizens:

The plant will consist of a number of  reciprocating engines each producing 
less than 3 MW. 
The plant will be a 50 MW plant fired with either natural gas or diesel oil
The plant will be a minor source of air pollution. The plant will not be 
subject to the EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD). Annual 
emissions of any criteria pollutant will not exceed 250 tons per year.
The plant will be a minor source of Hazardous air pollutants. The plant will 
not be subject to Federal Clean Air Act Section 112(g) for hazardous air 
pollutants.
There are no New Source Performance standards applicable to the site
The plant will be exempt from the EPA acid rain program. None of the engines 
serves a generator > 25 MW
By way of dispersion modeling, we are demonstrating that the plant will not 
significantly impact the state or national ambient air quality standards.
The plant will operate as a peaker plant with limited hours of operation per 
year.

Please forward any environmental questions to me. Commercial and legal 
questions should go to Marc Pana and Andrew Ralston.

Thanks for your help.

Gus