Subject: Re: gas hedging pilot program in Ohio
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 04:07:00 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Kerry.  I have already had preliminary discussions with Dominion/East 
Ohio and NiSource/Columbia; however, I think your idea to get a meeting 
Schriber is excellent. I would like to get all the Ohio utilities freed-up to 
look at hedging programs so that ENA can provide risk management services.

Keep me posted and let me know if I can do anything for you.

	Kerry Stroup
	05/25/2001 10:21 AM
		 
		 To: James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Roy Boston/HOU/EES@EES, Susan M 
Landwehr/NA/Enron@Enron, Phil DeMoes/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Russell E 
Murrell/Corp/Enron@Enron, Gil Muhl/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Lisa Yoho/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: Janine Migden/NA/Enron@Enron, Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron
		 Subject: gas hedging pilot program in Ohio

On Wednesday, Ohio PUCO Chairman Alan Schriber revealed in testimony to the 
House Public Utilities Committee that the Commission is considering putting 
in place a pilot program for the coming heating season in which gas utilities 
could hedge gas cost exposure.  Subsequently I learned from the PUCO staff 
that Schriber had met with them the day before, at which time staff  
advocated that hedging be facilitated.  I also learned that staff has been in 
discussions with East Ohio Gas/Dominion on the same subject, and that this 
was the impetus for staff's discussion with Schreiber.

Although the Commission has taken no formal action at this point, staff 
contacts advise that something will likely take shape over the next several 
weeks, and conceivably that other gas utilities may be involved.  In the 
meantime, it may be expedient to meet with Chairman Schriber to position 
ourselves to take advantage of this opportunity -- by advocating a broad 
extension of the program to other gas utilities as well as program-specific 
features, e.g. leveraging our weather derivative products.  If there is 
interest, I would be happy to arrange a meeting with him.  And, given 
Dominion's interest, we may wish to be in contact East Ohio Gas.