Subject: CA Refund Proceeding- NOx Issue
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:04:01 -0700 (PDT)

At my suggestion, and in consultation with Seabron Adamson, one issue we are exploring is how we can deduct our NOx costs from any refund that may be deemed to be due, or make an offer of proof if the Judge doesn't go for it. The generators will be of no help with this, since they have a credit mechanism in the July 25 order that keeps them whole. Marketers do not. 

Seab advises that NOx will have a very substantial impact on prices, especially before spring 2001 when the rules were loosened by state order.  In order to proceed, we will need to get a source of data on NOx prices.  I have touched base with Alan Comnes and Mary Schoen on this.  If the idea pans out, we would have to retain an expert.  I will keep you apprised on the need for an expert.  Would also expect that we would want the Marketer Group to kick in before retaining an expert.  What are your thoughts on this?  Ray 

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Watkiss [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 2:31 PM
To: Alvarez, Ray
Subject: RE: Meeting next week

Ray, should probably check with the home office about whether Enron is interested in fronting this financially alone or whether they want to get a commitment from the marketer group before moving ahead.  Let me know.

Jeffrey D. (Dan) Watkiss
Bracewell & Patterson, LLP
2000 K St., N.W.
Suite 500
Washington, D.C.   20006-1872
(202) 828-5851
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

>>> "Alvarez, Ray" <[email-masked]> 09/28/01 02:26PM >>>
Forwarded the first lead to you this morning- Gary S. Rubenstein of
SIERRA RESEARCH.  I'm waiting to hear back from Mary Schoen for more
leads.	

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Watkiss [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 12:41 PM
To: Alvarez, Ray; [email-masked] 
Cc: [email-masked] 
Subject: RE: Meeting next week

I have a conference room reserved and will certainly be back from the
Court argument by then.   Ray, it would be helpful if, by then, you have
some leads from Alan on experts in California NOx trading.

Jeffrey D. (Dan) Watkiss
Bracewell & Patterson, LLP
2000 K St., N.W.
Suite 500
Washington, D.C.   20006-1872
(202) 828-5851
[email-masked] 
[email-masked] 

>>> "Alvarez, Ray" <[email-masked]> 09/28/01 10:52AM >>>
Seab,  OK by me.  Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Seabron Adamson [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 9:39 AM
To: Alvarez, Ray; [email-masked] 
Cc: [email-masked] 
Subject: Meeting next week

Dan/Ray:

How about 2:30 at Bracewell next Wednesday (Oct. 3rd)? I am arriving at
Dulles at 1:25 p.m. which should get me into town by then (unless
National
re-opens in which case I'll go that way and will make it easily...).

Gary - I assume you'll still be back on the West Coast but I've copied
you
anyway just in case your plans change.

Seab

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by
the
addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly
prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me
at
(617) 354-0060 and permanently delete the original and any copy of any
e-mail and any printout thereof.

Seabron Adamson
Frontier Economics Inc
Two Brattle Square
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA
Ph:  (617) 354-0060
Fax: (617) 354-0640
[email-masked] 

www.frontier-economics.com 

**********************************************************************
This e-mail is the property of Enron Corp. and/or its relevant affiliate
and may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient (s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient
(or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender
or reply to Enron Corp. at [email-masked] and
delete all copies of the message. This e-mail (and any attachments
hereto) are not intended to be an offer (or an acceptance) and do not
create or evidence a binding and enforceable contract between Enron
Corp. (or any of its affiliates) and the intended recipient or any other
party, and may not be relied on by anyone as the basis of a contract by
estoppel or otherwise. Thank you. 
**********************************************************************