Subject: Wabash- Business Opportunity and Misc.
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 04:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

Mike Roan and I met with Ed Martin, president of Wabash and Don Morton, his 
legal counsel to discuss their support for our RTO position.  (Mike did a 
nice job and I believe they will be supportive).

On the business side, Ed Martin would like to talk to someone from Enron to 
partner with them on a deal.  They have a load management device that can be 
installed in air conditioners (they are meeting with Lenox about this) and 
they need a partner to market it this to utilities as a means of reducing 
peak load and making power available for resale.  The product is geared 
towards the residential , but could be applicable to small, medium commercial 
customers and in some cases (depending on utility tariffs and what is 
available), larger customers.  The other angle would be to market this 
directly to customers, although that does not appear to be their focus.  I 
told Ed I would have someone get back to him.  Please advise if you are 
interested.

Thanks,
Janine

p.s.  You probably know this, but just in case, according to Ed , TVA is 
getting squeezed by Duke and Southern and is quietly lobbying folks like the 
Coops to raise the issue of increasing transmission capacity by building 
additional transmission lines to better inteconnect the system.