Subject: Re:
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 01:15:00 -0800 (PST)

Last week they made $35,000 total.  They made $20,000 one of the days.  We 
had some problems accessing this transmission and others were getting it 
before us, so we talked about submitting more requests (I anticipated that 
several traders would submit a request at the same time).  In Enron trader 
fashion, they automated the submission, which then created the problem for 
SPP.  Since the problem with SPP is now solved, they told me that they should 
be able to get this transmission most days when ERCOT is a better bid than 
SPP, as well as on days when SPP is better (same process for coming into 
SPP).  They said this will be valuable to them year round on most days.

P.S.  The FERC lawyer that SPP called is Stuart Fischer, who was my major 
Hotline contact for Summer 99.  He gave me some helpful info about what FERC 
had told MAPP with a similar computer problem on MAPP's DC tie line.  Then he 
said that he wants to talk about EPMI's other hotline concerns and problems!

Richard Shapiro@ENRON
01/26/2001 07:24 AM
To: James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron
cc: Christi L Nicolay/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re:  

Agree!! - $20,000 a day for how long??

From: James D Steffes on 01/26/2001 07:03 AM
To: Christi L Nicolay/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron 

Subject: Re:   

GREAT JOB!!

	Christi L Nicolay@ECT
	01/25/2001 03:28 PM
		 
		 To: James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Joe Hartsoe/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: 
		 Subject: 

A plug for the desk help!

Yesterday, SPP called FERC because the hourly desk was submitting 150 
requests for the same transmission (within several minutes) over the DC tie 
in order to meet the noon allocation.  I spoke with SPP and FERC and 
compromised in submitting less requests, plus we changed our program to work 
more efficiently.  This change still resulted in the hourly desk winning the 
transmission (worth appr. $20,000 day).