Subject: RE: Accomplishments - November 2000 - April 2001 - Europe
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

Amr

I attach a note I wrote for the head of Continental Trading that lays out the 
work that I -  
with support from the origination and regulatory collegeauges- have been 
engaged in. It is reasonably current. 
The examples of transaction support that have resulted in $$, are from the 
second half of 2000. The first six months
of this year have been focussed on advocacy work related to the revision of 
the German energy
law, negotiating a network agreement for gas, supporting EU investigations in 
abusive practices
and building up stronger political relationships through our trade 
association - EFET. 

The deal support efforts from this year thus far relate to:

Significant support provided to the German origination team to secure 
transport across Germany,
Switzerland, and Italy to provide gas to our first Italian customers. My work 
was focussed on 
getting the Swiss gas company to the negotiating table (something they were 
very reluctant to do) through
regulatory/legal pressures. Currently doing the same to secure TPA  to the 
Trans Austria gas pipeline and
the Baltic Cable - again employing our now well-established regulatory and 
legal pressures (bad cop tactics)
Gas pipeline access in Austria will allow us to significantly increase volume 
supplied to our Italian customers
Baltic access will allow us to begin actively arbitraging power price 
differentials between Germany and
Nordpool. Each of these will be firsts for newcomers in the European market. 

I hope this helps, Paul 

 -----Original Message-----
From:  Ibrahim, Amr  
Sent: 13 June 2001 12:10
To: Dawson, Paul; Wood, Doug; Styles, Peter; Hennemeyer, Paul; Haizmann, Jan
Subject: Accomplishments - November 2000 - April 2001 - Europe

Colleagues:
Please find attached the accomplishments for your group compiled twice, once 
as a whole, and the second with the items that do have a money value.  Please 
feel free to discuss its contents as I would like to submit to Rick this 
coming Tuesday  (June 19th).  It is noted that the first worksheet is 
explaining, in details, the contribution of colleagues who are seeing some 
difficulty in attaching a dollar value to their work.  

Best regards

AI
Bombay
9198200-88643, or email

 << File: Europe.xls >>