Subject: News Conference Layout
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:04:00 -0800 (PST)

Scheduled for Febr. 1 at 2pm.

Location - at a fire station in a Hispanic Community - exact location will be 
forwarded shortly but estimated distance from ENE office = less than 15 min.

Expect News Conference to last a total of 30 minutes, including Q&A. Jeff 
Skilling will be spokesperson for Selection Committee. However, we will try 
to have as many committee members present as possible. 

Mayor will likely discuss (estimated time = 10 min.):
 - changes that are required at HFD - potential need to bring in an outsider, 
etc...
 - reasoning behind involvement of Enron/Jeff Skilling & formation of 
selection committee - de-politicize the process, etc...

JS should speak about the following (estimated time = 10-15 min.):
 - how he became involved in the process
 - how the committee members were selected
 - who the members are with a brief background on each (We plan to provide a 
bio on each of the committee members as part of the press release)
 - time line for Fire Chief selection 

Q&A (estimated time = 5-10 min.)
 - expect questions along the lines of: Are the meetings going to be open or 
closed?, Outsider vs. Insider related questions...

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/issues with the above. 
I'll coordinate collection of Bios from Committee members. Anything else I 
can do to help out here?

Lisa