Subject: "News Hour with Jim Lehrer" Interview
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 05:31:00 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff -- You are scheduled to appear on the "News Hour with Jim Lehrer" this 
afternoon during the 5 p.m. show to talk about how successful companies 
recruit college graduates.  Ray Suarez will be the substitute anchor for Jim 
Lehrer.  The recruiting segment, for which you are one of four panelists, 
will run approximately 12 to 14 minutes, probably in the first half of the 
one-hour show.  The other panelists are:

 Marilyn Mackes, executive director of the National Association of Colleges 
and Employers (Philadelphia)
 Ken Ramberg, CEO and co-founder of Jobtrack.com, the portal most 
universities use to post jobs for students and graduates (Los Angeles)
 Bill Carson, director of career services for Morgan State University 
(Baltimore)

There will be a three-minute background piece filmed at a recent college 
graduation in Portland that will air prior to the roundtable discussion.  
Once that airs, the anchor will ask questions of each of the panelists and 
start a discussion that will generally follow the format of the pre-interview 
you did on Wednesday.  Don't worry about keeping your comments short.  The 
show wants to encourage an in-depth discussion about recruiting.   If another 
panelist makes a comment that you agree or disagree with, feel free to jump 
in and add your opinion.

We will be set up in the Board room, and the show has asked that you be ready 
by 4:45 p.m.  The show airs live at 5 p.m., and the segment should air in the 
first half of the show. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.
Karen