Subject: David Cox/Enron Communications
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 07:58:00 -0800 (PST)

Talking points for Jean-Marie Messier, Chairman and CEO of Vivendi. 

Blockbuster has had several meetings with Universal to obtain rights to 
content for the video on demand (VOD) offering.  Blockbuster has proposed an 
agreement to license product for both VHS/DVD rentals and the video on demand 
offering.

The negotiations have stalled because Universal has not been willing to sign 
any long-term agreements without Vivendi's support.

Blockbuster has refused to renew their agreement with Universal for VHS/DVD 
rentals until Universal agrees to grant digital VOD rights.  This will be 
detrimental to both parties.

We would like for Vivendi to communicate to Universal that they would support 
a VOD agreement between Universal and Blockbuster for digital content 
rights.  A conversation with Mr. Messier on this topic would be appreciated.

Contact Information:

Jean-Marie Messier
Phone:  011-331-717-11717
Fax:        011-331-717-11432

Please let me know if you have any questions, or need any additional 
information.   Also, any feedback you receive from Mr. Messier would be very 
helpful.  I can be reached at extension 35741 or on my cellular phone 
713-410-7279.  Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Regards,
Ellen Fowler