Subject: Re: Meetings with Sharad Pawar
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:00:00 -0800 (PST)

Rebecca: 

These meetings that were set up with Pawar in Delhi were supposed to be 
attended by Wade but but he was unable to attend them due to the fact that he 
fell sick. No agreements have been reached because there are none that are 
contemplated. All we have done is to encourage the GOM to approach the GOI 
for reducing their own liabilities. The details you will find in the other 
memo I have already sent to you. (I picked up your email after I finished 
sending my emails).  The approach as u will notice is no different than what 
we have been following all along and I believe that  you know that already.  
If u want further clarification, I am happy to discuss this with you or if u 
want to follow a different strategy then please let me know. I am at the 
Delhi Oberoi at  91-11-4363030, room 716.

Ken had expressed to me last week that you desired to take charge immediately 
and start moving the resolution of the Dabhol issues forward. I agree that 
this will be the best way forward. Given the way things are moving, I think 
that it would be best  that you arrive in Delhi immediately over the weekend 
so that I can introduce you to the players on Monday and start transitioning 
the relationships to you and Wade. Wade will join the team in delhi as soon 
as he is able to travel. Tuesday onwards I have urgent commitments in Mumbai 
that require my presence there.

As you can appreciate, your presence in these meetings will be essential for 
you to start getting a feel for the situation on the ground and developing 
the rapport with the key players. The GOM is clearly driving the train and if 
we are to assist them its essential that we not slow them down and assist 
them in any way we can. 

regards,

Sanjay

Rebecca McDonald
11/30/2000 01:13 PM
To: Sanjay Bhatnagar/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: James A Hughes/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Rob 
Walls/NA/Enron@Enron, Wade Cline/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Jeff 
Skilling@ENRON, Kenneth Lay@ENRON 
Subject: Meetings with Sharad Pawar

Sanjay,

Through several forwardings of memos it has come to my attention that you had 
several meetings this week with Sharad Pawar and reached some agreements.  I 
understand that a conference call to generate a strategy regarding our 
approach to Mr Pawar was cancelled and no one is able to explain to me what 
approach  you took or what the nature is of any agreements or accomodations 
that you may have struck in these meetings.  I think it is important that I 
and the rest of the task force be involved in the setting of strategy even if 
we will call on you to conduct any of the discussions and it is clear that it 
is cooperation and coordination is paramount.

Please call or write immediately with a briefing of those meetings and of any 
agreements that were agreed to.  In the future, I would appreciate better 
coordination and discussions on all matter related to Dabhol and to Metgas.  
I am available by phone day or night.

Regards
Rebecca