Subject: FW: SMU energy roundtable
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 08:53:46 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. Skilling,
 
I am forwarding the following request for Enron to participate in an SMU gas conference.
 
Mr. Forrest, Mr. Stewart and Mr. Downey are very respected men in Independent Oil and Gas circles and Major Oil Company arenas with special ties to Shell Oil Company / Royal Dutch Shell.
 
I thought it best that a response be considered by the Office of The President.
 
HB Snyder

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Forrest [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 7:29 AM
To: Horace Snyder
Subject: SMU energy roundtable

Horace,

Hope all is well with you in the Enron transition. I had a short visit with
Mike Rosen at AAPG in Denver.

I am a Trustee with a group in Dallas called "Institute for the Study of
Earth and Man @ SMU" or  ISEM (other trustees include Leighton Stewart and
Marlan Downey). We have an annual energy roundtable - this years event is a
2-3 day gathering in Taos, New Mexico, September 21-22 (arrive Thursday
evening, leave on Sunday). Title of conference is "Opportunities and
Practicalities in the North American Energy Sector - With emphasis on Gas".

Marlan and I are part of the planning team for the roundtable - we would
like to have an Enron person attend (we limit attendance to 25) to make
short informal presentation about U.S. gas and power, including California
problems, and participate in the discussion.

Can you suggest someone - better yet, forward this email with tentative
agenda (attachment) to an Enron exec who may be interested in attending our
Roundtable. 

Mike