From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], k
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:25:00 -0800 (PST)

Howdy again,

You might be interested in knowing that a version of the previous was
published in the English language Turkish Daily News here on February 9th.
(I'm still waiting to hear back from some folks in the States.)  Afraid that
it might appear a bit negative about the Turks, I shortened it, taking out
for example my speculation about how Turkish soldiers might treat folks who
outflanked the fence as well as some of my thoughts about why all the
windows had been knocked out.  (I did leave in my thought about
"vindictiveness" being the justification.)   It still got edited a bit, for
example my use of the word "invasion" was changed to "Peace Operation",
which is the somewhat euphemistic term it is known by here (which doesn't
not mean I am saying the Turks weren't justified in invading the place).

I'd love to hear your thoughts about it, or any other news that you all
might have.

Hope all goes well.

Mark

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com