Subject: Election Day
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:42:00 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mark;  Thank goodness the election is almost over.  We ought to
have a few weeks of peace before someone will start working for 2004.
      The poles have been swamped today and I guess they expect the biggest
vote in the last 40 years.

     I am glad the election is nearly over------after almost 2 years I have
heard enough.
      I got a new tooth inlay this morning and then voted about 10:45 and
already our precinct had had over 180 voters--your mother was one as she went
before she went to the store.  I don't know who she voted for as yet. I was
thinking of putting up some cute sign like (Monica says "Back Bill"); (Nader
says "A vote for me is a vote for Bush"); (Be sure to get behind the right
Bush);(Gore is a Kunkle Head); or (Gore - Gore).  However I decided to put my
halo back on.  You realize I am joking of course.
      I watched the Northwestern-Michigan game last saturday-it had to be the
most exciting college game I have ever seen.  NW lost the ball on downs when
their star runner (he had gained 268 yards running) dropped a pass in the
endzone with no one within 10 yards.  All Michigan had to do was run the
clock down (1:45 left in game) so I turned to ESPN to try to get a Lehigh
score ( I finally did) and I never went back to the NW-Mich game.  I learned
just as I turned the radio off to sleep about 8 hours later that NW had
recovered a fumble and scored on a pass to win 54-51.  NW had beaten
Minnesota the week before on a Hail Mary pass  of 50 yards on the last play
of the game.   Incidentally Lehigh had beaten Colgate 20-14 and they are now
9-0.
     I know you are looking forward to seeing Calvin.  I wish I could be a
mouse to see that meeting. I had better leave now.  Your Mother said I should
send her love.  I add my love to that.  DAD