Subject: Re: HBS May 7 Luncheon - Eugene Vaughan
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:13:00 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for the invitation.  Unfortunately, Jeff Skilling is unable to attend. 

Joannie Williamson
713-345-7774

Dottie Kerr <[email-masked]> on 04/25/2001 11:37:57 PM
To:	(Recipient list suppressed)
cc:	 

Subject:	HBS May 7 Luncheon - Eugene Vaughan

As President of the Harvard Business School Club of Houston, I along with
the Club's Officers and Directors, strive to host a cross-section of
interesting topics by provocative speakers.  Our May 7 speaker, an HBS alum
and successful Houston businessman, will highlight the results of a
scenario-planning project conducted by some of the most prominent Houston
business leaders.

TOPIC:         Seizing the Future for Houston

SPEAKER:   Mr. Eugene Vaughan, Chairman, Center for Houston's Future
                    Chairman and Founder, Vaughan, Nelson, Scarborough &
McCullough, L.P.

DATE:          Monday, May 7, 2001
PLACE:        Houston Club, 811 Rusk in downtown Houston
TIME:           11:40 a.m. Check in, 11:55 p.m. Lunch, 12:15 p.m. Presentation

COST:          Sustaining Members: No charge
                    $20 for Regular Members with reservations
                    $25 for Members without reservations and Guests
                    NO-SHOWS WILL BE BILLED

RSVP:          By noon on May 4, 2001

The Board of the Center for Houston's Future recently committed
resoundingly to the creation of Goals and a Strategic Plan for Houston that
will allow our community to achieve its extraordinary potential over the
next decisive 20 years.  This landmark program, already underway, will be
assisted by many dedicated volunteers from throughout the community.  Led
by Chairman Gene Vaughan, the Center, an affiliate of the Greater Houston
Partnership, is focused on very tough questions:  The world and Houston are
changing rapidly - what will be the new reality in 20 years and beyond?
What do we want Houston to be?  What are the obstacles and trade-offs?
Most of all, what plans, resources, determination and leadership are
necessary now to get Houston to its desirable future?  If you are
interested in what can be done to give Houston a great future worthy of its
past - and particularly if you want to get involved - this is an
outstanding opportunity to discourse with one of the citizens leading the
charge.

Gene Vaughan is chairman and founder of Vaughan, Nelson, Scarborough &
McCullough, L.P., an investment management firm originated in Houston in
1970 whose Investment Counsel and VNSM Trust Company manage securities
portfolios for foundations, endowments, corporations and families.

Within his profession, Mr. Vaughan was founding chairman and governor of
the Association for Investment Management and Research, a past chairman of
the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts and a past chairman of the
Financial Analysts Federation.  He is chairman and has served as a director
since 1970 of Dreyfus Founders Group of mutual funds (Denver).

Mr. Vaughan has been a trustee of Vanderbilt University (Nashville) since
1972.  He is a director since 1990 and on the Executive Committee of the
Greater Houston Partnership.  He is Chairman of the Center for Houston's
Future whose mission is to help prepare Houston proactively for future
opportunities and challenges.  Mr. Vaughan is a director of the Houston
Grand Opera Association, a trustee of Goodwill Industries and past chairman
of The Houston Forum.  He was founding chairman of Presbyterian School
(early childhood through grade 8) and served as a trustee of St. John's School.

Mr. Vaughan received a B.A. in 1955 from Vanderbilt University, an M.B.A.
in 1961 from the Harvard Business School, where he was a J. Spencer Love
Fellow, and earned the Chartered Financial Analyst designation in 1969.

Reservations for this HBS event can be made by phone, fax (using following
form), email or by using our website "hbshouston.org".

Please mark your calendars for the following future HBS events:
  *  April 26 - Social at Slainte's (downtown) 6:00 to 8:00 pm
  *  May 3 - Breakfast Club meets at ROCC at 7:00 am
  *  May 16 - Cooking class & dinner at Brennan's, 6:30 to 8:30 pm, spouses
welcome
  *  May 17 - Breakfast Club meets at ROCC at 7:00 am
  *  May 22 - Dave Clementz, President of Chevron Petroleum Technology
Company, 11:45 am to 1:15 pm, location TBD
  *  May 31 - Social, location TBD, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
  *  June 7 - Breakfast Club meets at ROCC at 7:00 am
  *  June 14 - Howard Stevenson, HBS Professor, 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm,
location TBD; club final meeting, spouses welcome
  *  June 21 - Breakfast Club meets at ROCC at 7:00 am

I hope you choose to join us for this and many future events.

Kind regards,
George Laflin, President
======================
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED.  Reservations accepted until noon on May 4, 2001.
Fax following information to 281/424-4770, e-mail
[email-masked], or call 281/424-3084.

Member Name:
Company:
Phone:
Guest Name:
Sustaining Members: No Charge
Members: $20     Guests: $25
Payment:  Credit Card (Visa, MC)
Card Number:
Exp Date:

***************
Dottie Kerr ([email-masked])
Administrator for Harvard Business School Club of Houston
http://www.hbshouston.org/