Subject: FW: CAISO Notice - PwC Operational Audit 2001
From: legal <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 14:55:36 -0800 (PST)

I wish I had more time to review this.  Of 62 different elements of the audit, PwC found the CAISO to be "non-compliant" with 31 elements, e.g., no operating procedure, or, more often, in direct violation of the tariff.  Lots of problems were found with the CAISO actual operation in dispatching real time energy, dealing with CERS, and setting the ex post price.---sch

-----Original Message-----
From: CRCommunications [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 2:40 PM
To: ISO Market Participants
Subject: CAISO Notice - PwC Operational Audit 2001

ISO Market Participants:

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has released its Operational Audit of the CAISO
for 2001. The document is posted on the CAISO web site at
http://www.caiso.com/docs/2001/12/26/2001122610363624338.pdf

The ISO will present this report to the Board of Governors meeting at its
next meeting, scheduled for February 7,2002. 

If you have any questions, please call or e-mail any of the following ISO
contacts: 

*	Vicken Kasarjian 	(916) 351-2353 	[email-masked] 
*	Deane Lyon 		(916) 608-1225	[email-masked]
*	Mike Epstein 		(916) 351-2314 	[email-masked]