Subject: Re: Enpower: Counterparty Name Changes
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 08:20:00 -0800 (PST)

I recently went through the list and weeded out the ones that don't have 
deals under them.  Unfortunately, Enpower contains the CPs for Canada and the 
Emissions group, which are sometimes similar names.  Sometimes Europe 
attaches CPs by mistake and we have takenf them out also.  Name changes and 
mergers also complicate things.  What we do is keep an eye out for the 
incorrect CP and try to inform the traders when they are picking the wrong 
CP.   Believe me, if the developers could differentiate the CPs in Global CP, 
it would be done.  I guess the issue is how much time and money it would 
require to change CP to feed just our CPs.  And on APS, they have informed us 
that they are still trading under both names until 1/1/01 and credit is okay 
with this.  I could go on and on about all the issues, but you get the idea.  
Welcome to Enron!

   Kate Symes                11/20/2000 03:59 PM

To: Rhonda L Denton/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Enpower: Counterparty Name Changes

Hi Rhonda -

I was told you're the person to contact regarding changes in the Enpower 
counterparty list. Several items are outdated or have gone through many 
different versions, and it's made somewhat of a confusing situation for the 
traders and others who do deal entry. My sensitivity to this is heightened 
because I'm new to the Deal Control position here at the Portland West Desk, 
and I'm still getting used to which names we use and which we don't. Monica 
Lande suggested I ask you about it, although she pointed out that if we've 
ever booked a deal under any of these counterparty names, then they need to 
stay in the system. 

I'm wondering if there is any way to weed out some of those extra selections. 
For example, Duke and El Paso both have five different names in the system; 
Arizona Public Service Company has become Pinnacle; and other names were just 
tests that are no longer used. 

Please let me know whenever you have a free moment - this is certainly not an 
urgent request, and I completely understand if the list needs to stay as is. 
Just checking.

Thanks,
Kate