Subject: New Enpower Query
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 07:23:00 -0800 (PST)

Effective in the California scheduling sheet for 12/10 on, we are using a new 
method to access Enpower data.  There will be very little difference to users 
of the sheet, but behind the scenes we have substituted calling an Oracle 
stored procedure via ADO for what we had before, which was executing a SQL 
string via DAO.  When you go to pull in the daily data you may notice a 
slight difference in the form: the choice we had before of selecting between 
ADO and DAO is gone.

There is one difference in the sheet you need to know about.  This concerns 
what happens when a deal with a counter party that does not exist in our 
local counter party tables comes in via the Oracle query.  In the past, this 
counter party and the deal's hourly amounts would appear in the spreadsheet, 
but when we went to write CAPS templates, that counter party would not 
appear.  Someone would then tell me needed to add the counter party to our 
local counter party tables.

Now what will happen is that the name UNKNOWN will appear in the sheet with 
the hourly amounts for the missing counter party.  As before, whatever this 
missing counter party is will not appear in the CAPS templates.  You will 
still need to tell us what counter party is missing.  You will figure out 
which one it is in the same way you have in the past.  We are working on a 
process that will look up these missing counter parties and takes care of 
everything automatically.