Subject: IMPORTANT - READ NOW
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:41:00 -0800 (PST)

The purpose of this message is to update employees on the
status of the California Attorney General's order regarding the preservation
of business information.  Please NOTE THE IMPORTANT POLICIES DESCRIBED
BELOW.

We have negotiated procedures with the
California Attorney General's office allowing each of you to manage your
email and hard drive capacity while still preserving business information.

Starting today, please implement the
following business information retention policies:

(1) PERSONAL EMAIL: can be kept, discarded,
etc. at will.

(2) BUSINESS EMAIL: do not delete any
business email sent or received for 24 hours.  This 24 hour delay will allow
the network to save a backup copy of the email.  After 24 hours, BUSINESS
EMAIL may be kept, discarded, etc. at will.

(3) WORD PROCESSING FILES OR FILE FRAGMENTS:
do not delete any SAVED FILE or any FILE FRAGMENT.  This policy covers any
FILE or FILE FRAGMENT that you have saved on your hard disk or the network.

(4) DATABASES: do not delete any information
in DATABASES.

(5) EXCEL SPREADSHEETS: do not delete any
information in EXCEL SPREADSHEETS.

(6) CALENDARS OR SCHEDULING PROGRAMS: do not
delete any information.

(7) OTHER ELECTRONIC DATA: do not delete any
OTHER ELECTRONIC DATA.

(8) HARD DRIVE CAPACITY: in the event that
you run out of disk space on your personal computer, you may copy files to
the network (where they will be backed up), then delete the files from your
personal computer to create the work space you need.  DO NOT DELETE ANY FILE
BEFORE YOU HAVE COPIED IT TO THE NETWORK.

In our negotiations we have discovered no
reason to believe that Enron has been singled out for investigation by the
Attorney General.  We will update you as we learn more.

Please respond promptly to this notice via
email an e-mail to me.  Your email should state that you understand and 
intend to comply
with the important business information retention policies stated above.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Tim Belden