Subject: Reminder - Document Retention
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 22:35:00 -0800 (PST)

IMPORTANT EPMI POLICY REGARDING HARD COPY DOCUMENTS
WHILE LITIGATION IS PENDING

This policy is in addition to my prior email about the procedure for
handling email and electronic documents.  While most of what we do is
contained within Enron's electronic systems, there still are times when hard
copies are made or needed for running our business.  Here is how you must
handle those hard copy documents:

1. The basic rule is that if you have hard copies of documents that are
used in EPMI's business of selling energy in the WSCC, you must keep those
documents until further notice.  If space becomes a problem, please contact
Debra Davidson who can arrange for storage.

2. What constitutes a document?  In some instances you will have one
copy of a document that has your handwritten notes on it, and another copy
that may be clean.  For these purposes both are considered documents and
both must be saved.  Similarly, if several people have copies of the same
document, each separate copy is considered a separate document.  On the
other hand, if you made 10 copies for a meeting and there were 4 left over
that were never handed out or were not used, those may be recycled so long
as you keep the ones that were used.   If you keep handwritten notes for
your work, those would be considered documents as well.  Telephone notes,
charts, printouts of data, spreadsheets etc. all constitute documents.   If
you have a question about what constitutes a document and whether it should
be saved, please ask Christian Yoder and Steve Hall.

3. The goal and purpose of this policy is to make sure that no hard
copies of documents are discarded that are relevant to the wholesale
electricity market litigation.  If hard copy documents are discarded, at a
later point in time EPMI and/or its employees will be criticized for failing
to preserve documents relevant to the wholesale electricity litigation.

4. Personal documents such as shopping lists, personal messages from
friends unrelated to the energy business etc. are not covered by this policy
and you may do with them as you wish.