Subject: Creating a shortcut for testing purposes
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 05:42:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi Kate,

I spoke to Will Smith, and he told me that the best way to approach testing 
these reports, is to compare the old version of the report with the new 
version of the report using the prod database.   Please ensure that the data 
is the same, such as seeing that  the two versions list the same deals, and 
show the same volumes.  However, please keep in mind that  you may see extra 
columns in the stage version because of the  new fields we implemented:  
External Exchange ID  and External Exchange Code.  

You already have the icon for Enpower prod, (what you normally use)  but in 
order to test the stage version of the report against the prod database, you 
need to create a shortcut. Below are the directions on how to create a 
shortcut:

C:\\Enpower\Stage\AggSchVol   your_id   your_password   pwrprodn_ded

1.  Replace AggSchVol with the name of the application that you are testing.  
(Below is a list of all the reports that need to be tested)
2.  Replace your_id and your_password with your own username and password on 
the above line.
3.  Copy that above line (with CTRL-C, but don't paste it anywhere yet).
4.  Minimize all windows until you have your desktop.
5.  Right click on desktop and select New and then Shortcut from the menu.
6.  Paste line on Command line.
7.  Click Next.
8.  Click Finish.
9.  You should now have an AggSchVol.exe (or other application) icon from 
which you can get into that application.

Once again, here is a list of the reports that need to be tested:

AggSchVol    
ConCount    
CPConfirm    
CPTerm    
Credit     
Emissions    
EOL Report (4 tabs within this one) 
FollowUp    
HighPriceDeals 

As always, please call me or Laura Aldis (713-345-4410) if you have any 
questions or comments.  (Laura Aldis is our other Enpower QA tester).

Thanks so much for helping  us test these applications.

Nadine
(713)853-9863.