Subject: NNG Capacity Transactions
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 02:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

EOL users can run eports and see all the details of transactions.  As 
currently structured this would mean that any EOL user, including ENA, would 
be able to run a report to see detail behind bids on pipeline capacity.  
Obviously this would be a problem under the marketing affiliate rules.  At 
their last meeting Dale and Shelley outlined three possible ways to address 
this:

Add security such that ENA/EES users cannot run reports on pipeline bid 
data.  I understood leaving the meeting that this might be technically 
difficult or expensive.
Exclude pipeline data from the reporting feature altogether.  Here the story 
was that while this was not necessarily difficult, EOL could not make any 
changes before version 2 was ready.  The impression was that this would be 
possible after version 2.
Erect procedural firewalls.  Mark Taylor suggested that perhaps we could 
inform all ENA and EES personnel that the company has a policy that prevents 
them from running reports on GPG data.  This probably isn't a good long-run 
solution, but we all agreed that it might serve as a bridge measure.  This 
approach is supported by the fact that Enron Networks has already entered 
into a confidentiality agreement with GPG.

Solutions 1 and 2 require extensive technical work and unfortunately we 
cannot currently spare the technical resources required for it. We can go 
with solution 3 at present with the understanding that in the absence of a 
large volume of trades it might be the permanent solution. This is something 
that legal on both sides would have to agree to. Steve will check with their 
legal department to see if this is acceptable. Dale can you please check with 
Mark Taylor.

Further the credit departments on both sides should meet and iron out the 
credit issues. Steve is going to make sure the two credit departments talk to 
each other.

Thanks.

Savita