Subject: September 6, 2000 Minutes from GRC meeting
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 00:15:00 -0700 (PDT)

Update on Govt Relations for MFA

Craig Young
---------------------- Forwarded by Craig Young/NY/ECT on 10/23/2000 07:08 AM 
---------------------------

"Rice, Kate" <[email-masked]>@ls.mfainfo.org on 10/19/2000 02:07:41 PM
Please respond to "Rice, Kate" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc: "Allen, Julia" <[email-masked]> 
Subject: September 6, 2000 Minutes from GRC meeting

October 19, 2000

 Attached is the draft of the minutes from the September 6, 2000
Government Relations Committee meeting.
 You will note there are seven Action Items from the last meeting.
Under Item 2, Overview of Regulatory and Legislative Agenda, it was agreed
that the status of the issues that had been previously referred by the
Committee to various subcommittees would be discussed at the next meeting.
The subcommittee chairs have been reminded of this assignment.  Also under
Item 2, several members agreed to create an outline of the legislative and
regulatory issues that involve ERISA and affect CTA's.  A draft has been
produced.
 Item 6, Uptick Rule, Member Silber volunteered to review the SEC
proposal when it is issued and draft a comment letter.
Item 7, CFTC Reauthorization Legislation, MFA staff was to send members the
letter sent to CFTC Chairman Rainer on the issue of single stock futures.
The letter was sent to members in late September.
 Item 11, MFA International Activities, it was suggested that an
article be placed in the MFA Reporter on the FSF international standards
program and the foreign markets access issue.  The article will appear in
the October issue of the MFA Reporter.
 Item 12, the SOP 95-2, Members Esposito and Pierce, agreed to draft
a comment letter which would suggest more flexible disclosure requirements
for fund of funds.
 Item 13, MFA Initiative on Relaxing Regulation D Advertising, a Task
Force would review and develop an outline regarding marketing restrictions
in Regulation D.

 An agenda and materials for the November 2, 2000 meeting in New York
City will be sent to Committee Members the last week of October.

 <<grcsept6mtgmin.9-7-00.doc>>

Thank you,

Julia C. Allen
Managed Funds Association
2025 M Street, N.W.
Floor 8
Washington, D.C. 20036
Phone (202) 367-2404
Fax     (202) 367-2140

 - grcsept6mtgmin.9-7-00.doc