Subject: Re: a question
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:06:00 -0800 (PST)

I share Alan's position - irrespective of whatever due diligence has already 
been carried out, it will have to be revisited anyway for pulp and paper.

Kind regards

Mark 

From: Alan Aronowitz on 21/11/2000 16:39 CST
To: Mark Taylor/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Mark Elliott/LON/ECT@ECT, Steve Kim/HOU/ECT@EC, Peter del 
Vecchio/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: a question  

Steve:

I have shared with Peter what information we have collected from previous 
trading-related legal surveys we have done in the aforementioned countries, 
which surveys are not specific to pulp & paper trading. 

Alan

	Mark Taylor
	11/21/2000 04:13 PM
		
		 To: Steve Kim/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Mark Elliott/LON/ECT@ECT, Alan Aronowitz/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: Re: a question

It's possible that someone in Alan Aronowitz's groups has looked into similar 
issues.

	Steve Kim
	11/20/2000 01:54 PM
		 
		 To: Mark Taylor/HOU/ECT@ECT, Mark Elliott/LON/ECT@ECT
		 cc: 
		 Subject: a question

The pulp & paper group is looking into physical trading in the Far East 
(mainly Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore).  I am looking into any tariff or 
taxation issues related to transacting in this region.  I've been talking to 
Peter DelVecchio and he was in the process of contacting outside help in this 
matter but then I realized that some of this work might have been done 
already since we trade liquids in that part of the world.

Do either of you know if this information is available internally?

regards
steve