Subject: EOL
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 03:31:00 -0700 (PDT)

Steve, 

Two weeks ago I alerted Mark Tayor to some rumours eminating from the Hill 
regarding accusations being made against Enron Online.  One of my contacts 
who works for Barton's subcomittee warned me that El Paso has been raising 
the prospect that  Enron Online and other trading platforms (as well as 
financial markets) are also responsible for the gas pricing issues at the 
California border.  A lawyer for the House Government Reform Committee has 
also asked questions about Enron Online.  

The person from  Barton's Committee was left with the impression that El Paso 
is trying to pass blame, but nonetheless, he wanted us to come in to talk to 
him further about Enron Online.

Given the highly politicized environment and the lack of understanding among 
Hill staffers, it is imperative that we stay ahead of this issue.  I also 
suggested to Mark that he try to find certain presentations made at the 
Management Conference in 1999 that could put EOL in an unfavourable light.

Call me if you have any questions.