Subject: Re: Australian Approvals
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 01:25:00 -0800 (PST)

Mark I am most happy to provide administrative support as required but I 
would appreciate discussing this request with you. I am unsure as to what is 
expected. I have formally advised there are no restrictions on "Australian 
based" which I take to mean companies incorporated in Australia entering into 
foreign transactions.    

On a more general level I am facing a bit of a challenge with EnronOnline 
communications out of Houston. Last week I counted requests from 7 different 
persons in Houston all of who feel empowered to delegate tasks to or request 
legal advice from me. I find myself answering the same question several times 
and on occasions working with conflicting instructions.Clearly I recognise 
the need to provide legal support to Enronline and that last week was a bit 
extraordinary. But I believe the current arrangements can be substantially 
improved. Would it be possible to delegate some contact points? My clear 
preference on matters of an administrative nature would be to work through 
Paul Smith who is co-ordinating the implementation of EnronOnline.

Interested in your thoughts.            
---------------------- Forwarded by David Minns/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT on 
03/21/2000 08:18 AM ---------------------------
From: Tana Jones@ECT on 03/20/2000 10:28 AM CST
To: Paul Smith/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: David Minns/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Mark Taylor/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: Australian Approvals  

1.  Per my discussion last week with David Minns, I sent him a spreadsheet so 
he could scroll across the product list and see the full range of products 
EnronOnline offers so he could determine whether an Australian based 
counterparty will have any legal problems entering into any of the 
EnronOnline products.  It was my understanding that he had not seen a 
comprehensive list off all the products we offer.

2.  However, on a going forward basis, David Minns or someone in Legal will 
need to see the daily spreadsheets reflecting any new Australian based 
counterparties because every new counterparty requesting a password needs a 
Credit and a Legal signoff for trading every products we offer, whether 
physical, financial, power, gas, liquids, weather, p&p, US, European or other 
country based product, etc..  Houston Legal does it every day for every new 
Houston Credit based counterparty, London Legal does it every day for every 
new London Credit based counterparty and Australian Legal will need to do the 
same.  If some other system will be in place in Australia, David Minns will 
need to discuss that with Mark Taylor and David Forster.