Subject: FW: Retail Swaps Invitation Letter and Questions
From: legal <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 07:25:26 -0700 (PDT)

FYI
 -----Original Message-----
From: 	"Diane M. Genova" <[email-masked]>@ENRON [mailto:IMCEANOTES-+22Diane+20[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Sunday, July 22, 2001 5:08 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Cc:	[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject:	RE: Retail Swaps Invitation Letter and Questions

I think your response is exactly right.  JPMorgan is in complete agreement with
this view and will communicate that to the Fed which has also requested a
meeting with us.  Since our request for a meeting comes from our examiners (and
in view of the past views expressed by some former members of our firm) we will
actually have a meeting--but our message will be the same as yours.

[email-masked] on 07/18/2001 10:36:29 PM

 To:      [email-masked], [email-masked]

 cc:      (bcc: Diane M. Genova)

 Subject: RE: Retail Swaps Invitation Letter and Questions

Two weeks ago, a member of the FRBNY legal staff asked to meet with AIG
staff to discuss AIG's present and proposed retail swap activities. I
responded that AIG does not now and has no plans to engage in that activity.
For that reason, I stated that it was premature to consider the need to
regulate an activity that does not now exist and that ought to be the
agencies response to Congress.

     -----Original Message-----
     From:     Stacy Carey [SMTP:[email-masked]]
     Sent:     Wednesday, July 18, 2001 4:46 PM
     To:  US REGULATORY COMMITTEE
     Subject:  Retail Swaps Invitation Letter and Questions

     For your information, I have attached correspondence from the
Federal
     Reserve requesting ISDA's participation in the Commodity Futures
     Modernization Act retail swaps study.  The correspondence also lists
     interview topics/questions. Please do not hesitate to call if you
have any
     questions.  Many thanks!   -- Stacy

     Stacy Carey
     Policy Director
     International Swaps and Derivatives Association
     600 5th Avenue, 27th Floor
     Rockefeller Center
     New York, NY  10020
     (212) 332-1202 ph
     (212) 332-1212 fax
     (917) 543-9622 cell
     [email-masked]

     >  <<FRBNYLtr.pdf>>
     >
     >  << File: FRBNYLtr.pdf >>

This communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not intended as
an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument
or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data
and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein
do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.