Subject: FW: E-commerce and steel
From: legal <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 08:08:35 -0700 (PDT)

I didn't see your name in any of these e-mails.  Do you get involved in Trade Commission issues?

-----Original Message-----
From: Murray, Julia 
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 4:17 PM
To: Yoho, Lisa; Taylor, Mark E (Legal)
Cc: Hermans, Greg
Subject: FW: E-commerce and steel

   The attached is a request that we received from the U.S. Trade Commission in connection with the pending 201 proceeding. We need to coordinate a response. Please review and I will coordinate a meeting to discuss.   Thanks,   Julia

-----Original Message-----
From: Hermans, Greg 
Sent: Monday, August 6, 2001 1:36 PM
To: Murray, Julia
Subject: FW: E-commerce and steel

as per phonecall...

Let's discuss
Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent DeSapio [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 12:39 PM
To: Hermans, Greg
Subject: E-commerce and steel

Dear Mr. Hermans:
The following are the questions I referred to in the the phone message of 
August 6.

1.  In what significant ways does Enron Online differ from the London Metal 
Exchange or the New York Mercantile Exchange in the trading of futures 
contracts (apart from the specific metals it trades) or from other on-line 
exchanges in the trading of physical metal?

2.  What are the most important benefits that a public exchange like Enron's 
brings to the steel industry?

3.  Does Enron have a trade clearing mechanism to guarantee the 
creditworthiness of suppliers and customers?

4.  Why have some on-line steel trading sites failed?

5.  Are there particular problems in trading steel on-line versus oil, 
agricultural products, or any of the other products that are successfully 
traded on-line?

Any information you are able to supply would be greatly appreciated.

                                                                               
        Vincent DeSapio
                                                                               
        U.S. International Trade Commission
                                                                               
        500 E. Street, SW
                                                                               
        Washington, DC 20436
                                                                               
        202-205-3435 (phone)