Subject: RE: CalPeak Power RFP - Shortlist
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 07:53:00 -0700 (PDT)

Kim -

A couple of thoughts regarding Charles Hinckley's email and your pending trip 
to San Diego:

1.  I have scoured all of United Technologies' filings and even their 
website.  I found exactly ZERO references to CalPeak Power, LLC.  I'm not 
saying that CalPeak ISN'T a wholly-owned subsidiary of United Technologies, 
but I find it strange that I can't find anything on CalPeak in United's 
filings/online info.  

2.  If CalPeak is indeed a subsidiary and WILL guarantee CalPeak's 
obligations, then we are in great shape.  United Technologies is A+ rated, 
with lots of liquidity available in the form of unused lines of credit.

3.  If CalPeak will not benefit from a United Technologies guaranty, then we 
definitely need to see their financials/management notes.

Will they send you the financials/notes before you leave for San Diego?

JRW

 -----Original Message-----
From:  Ward, Kim  
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 2:14 PM
To: Williams, Jason R.
Cc: Tycholiz, Barry
Subject: Re: CalPeak Power RFP - Shortlist

J. -

What's your take on this?  They want to meet with me on friday in San Diego 
to discuss a potential deal as we were short listed on the RFP to supply gas 
to the Calpeak power plants.  If we can't get credit established and 
contracts in their hands, I don't know if we want to waste our time - or 
money.  Let me know what you think ASAP.

Thanks,

Kim 

---------------------- Forwarded by Kim Ward/HOU/ECT on 04/02/2001 03:09 PM 
---------------------------

"Charles Hinckley" <[email-masked]> on 04/02/2001 12:07:54 PM
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
cc: "Lyons, Mark" <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: CalPeak Power RFP - Shortlist

CalPeak Power, LLC is a project company and is now a wholly owned subisdiary
of Untited Technologies Corporation (NYSE: UTC).  UTC information is
available at www.utc.com, and from the commercial rating services.

It is not invisioned that CalPeak will benifit from an absolute gurantee
from UTC; however, some credit suport mechanism will be built into the
project and into the fuel supply agreements.

Chuck

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: CalPeak Power RFP - Shortlist

>
> Ann,
>
> I just spoke with Jay Williams from our credit department and he only
needs
> CalPeak's latest audited financial statements with management notes.  Any
> additional information that helps us understand the company and how it is
> set up will be helpful.  Sending this information overnight will probobly
> be our best bet.  My address is as follows:
>
> 1400 Smith Street, EB3206a
> Houston, TX  77002
>
> Also, Jay's phone number is 713-345-3923.  Let me know if you have any
> questions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kim
>
>
>
>
>