Subject: Re: Smurfit Stone
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:10:00 -0800 (PST)

Kim
Good morning.? I spoke with Jason yesterday  afternoon.? Summit had the 
Irvine plant's contract expiring at the end of  April 2001.? The RFP we sent 
out shows that the new contract start date is  May 1, 2001 for that site.? I 
will check the contract today to see what the  situation is because Jason had 
in his letter that the proposed deal would start  March 1, 2001.
This site has a month to month deal and must have had a  notification date, 
which I will look into.
Also, we have compiled information for  another Smurfit site that is on 
tariff.? Every month, we paid less for the  tariff customer, which has less 
usage, than for Irvine.
I can show you that information if you would like. I brought  up this issue 
with Jason, and he said we could look at switching to a fixed  rate.? This 
doesn't really solve the problem.? I had wanted to look  into the possibility 
of switching back to tariff for that customer. It seems  that for the smaller 
customers, tariff is the better option.? Certainly for  the month of December 
(I haven't even seen that bill), it would've been the  better choice.? 
I did want to review the pricing for the larger Smurfit  facilities also.? 
When you get a chance, please give me?a call.?  
Thanks Kim!
Lynn
----- Original Message ----- 
From:  [email-masked] 
To: Lynn  Bracken 
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 6:37  PM
Subject: Re: Smurfit Stone

Lynn,

I received your message after you left  today.? Jason is from our retail
company who does serve some of  Smurfit's box plants.? I have left a message
with him to discuss your  RFP and what make sense for us to do.? We may need
to split things up  between the box plants and the Mill.? Call me when you
get a chance  and hopefully I will have had a discussion with  him.

Thanks,

Kim