Subject: FW: 2002 Better ???
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:43:43 -0800 (PST)

FYI....

-----Original Message-----
From: John Watson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 2:42 PM
To: Dennis Dye
Cc: Paul Donnelly; Jerry Decker; Tom McCarran
Subject: RE: 2002 Better ???

Dennis -

Yeah, I heard about your misadventure yesterday from Kim.  Those airbags are
pretty exciting, aren't they?

You can mope, or you can take the approach I took:  "Goody!  I can buy that
convertible that I'm now middle-aged enough to deserve!" and get yourself
another little sportster.  I hear that Ken Lay has a couple of Benz' that
have been repo-ed and may be looking for a buyer.

Glad you've lost nothing but a little skin and a ton of metal and plastic.
The rest can be replaced.

Been there, done that...
"Drivin' with the top down" John

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Dye [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 2:31 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: 2002 Better ???

I know 2002 was supposed to be better than 2001, but we are off to an
imperfect start up here in the hills.

I totaled my Red Racer yesterday [subject to insurance adjuster's
certification, of course].  Man, we were supposed to grow old[er] together
and all that stuff and it was just getting broken in good @ 124,000 miles
and it just gobbled up and zipped up, down and around all these hills like
it owned them [which it did].  No "zipping" was going on yesterday, I will
testify.

And now Janell thinks we should get a "tankier" replacement to protect
against these old geezers who have now proven they can get in my way.  No
serious damage to either driver [I know the other guy].  Just my first
experience with air bag explosion and associated abrasions and broken heart
from losing my old red buddy.  I made the stupid mistake of telling mom I
was only in a coma for "a couple of hours", and now I will have to work to
get that image out of her head, but, hey, I am not myself, I had a big
wreck.  I shall, of course, exploit that sentiment to the max.

When I went out in the garage today to run Janell to work and my car wasn't
there, it was not a good moment, but I am being very, very brave.

I went out last night and bought a new computer rig to cheer me up and next
tuesday I will get cable modem internet connection, so we will be cookin' up
here in the woods.  I have always had state of the art PCs, but have never
had to buy one before.  My bosses used to do that, but they seemed to have
stopped now for reasons I must investigate.  I also upgraded my hotmailbox
to 10mb, so you can send me tons of funny graphics without it choking now.
I wanted to get DSL, but SWBell doesn't offer it here yet, and the cable
boys beat them to the punch by finally completing their fibre optic intalls,
so I had to go that way to get speedier.  Oh well, we're ahead of Afhanistan
up here in technology, but probably won't be after we finish spending
billions of our $$$ over there.

Be careful drivin'
Dennis

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com